Well, who doesn’t love cats? They are just soft little ball of fur. Drawing a cat is also so much easy and fun. There are many ways to draw a cat. But let us begin by drawing a cute cartoonish cat.
This drawing tutorial involves 9 easy step guide which is made specifically for the kids and beginners. You can follow this step-by-step tutorial to draw a cute and simple cat. You can make the changes to ears, tail, legs or wherever you wish. There are no restrictions. Just bring out the inner creativity and learn to draw an awesome cat in no time.
Prefer to follow a video guide? Watch this How to draw a cat video tutorial.
You can download the printable used in the video by scrolling down to the end of the page.
How to Draw a Cat
Things needed for drawing a cat:
- How to draw a cat printable (optional)
Points to remember before drawing:
- The point of the pencil should be sharp and not blunt.
- Firstly, start by drawing with a pencil.
- We may have to erase any unnecessary parts of the drawing at the end, so always draw lightly.
- A black marker always helps in improving the look of the drawing. After completing the drawing with a pencil, use a marker to darken the lines.
- Finally, color the drawing with colors of your choice.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Draw a Cat
Let us start by making a circle for the head of the cat.
Once the face is done, make an oval shape for the body. Let this oval shape intersect with the circle you made in step 1.
Now, let us draw the ears and eye of the cat. Make small triangle shapes on the head. This will be your ears. Make two circles for the eyes.
Time to draw the cat’s mouth. Draw a small inverted triangle in the middle of the circle to make the cat’s nose. Draw two small curves below the triangle. Join the curves to the tip of the triangle. With this, we complete the mouth of the cat.
Draw whiskers on either side of the nose.
Draw two long u-shaped legs in the front. They will be the front legs of the cat. Small small lines at the bottom to make the claws.
Draw two small hind legs. And make lines for the claws.
Let us complete the cat by drawing a tail.
Now it’s time to give final touches to your cat. Erase the intersecting parts of the drawing. Erase the part of the circle and oval to make one whole body. Lastly, erase the part of the oval which overlaps the front legs.
Finally, take a marker and darken the outlines of the cat. This will make your drawing even prettier.
Congratulation! You finished drawing your cat. It was so easy, right?
Now, you can color your cat with the color of your choice. You can color with orange, grey, light pink, black or white, or even leave it as it is.
Important Tips to Follow Our Printable Guide:
- Start by following each and every step.
- First, trace the lines in each step. This way you will get enough practice for the final drawing.
- Draw the final drawing in ‘Your Drawing Canvas’ section provided.
- A light final drawing has been provided to you in the drawing area.
You can even learn to draw a cat by watching a video we shared above. Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel for more such drawing tutorials.
If you wish to learn more such easy drawings, remember to bookmark our site. Share this tutorial with your friends and family who wish to learn drawing.
Other Drawing Guides: